A unique symbol used to denote a company, brand, business, or individual is known as a logo. The creation of these logos is called the process of logo designing. This is known to be one of the most important fields in graphic designing, as the whole identity of a brand or a business is depicted through a small logo. Your business can stand out through a logo in comparison to other businesses. This is also known to be a foundation for the online marketing of your brand, as it would be the logo showcasing the brand.
Just imagine, how would you recognize an iPhone without the Apple logo on its back? Or, how will you determine if the laptop you are using is a Dell or Lenovo, or Acer? This type of recognition is provided by the logos of the company. Summing it up, a logo is the reflection of the company in the market.
Process of logo designing step by step in the following sub-points.
- Know your Clients: A professional logo designer will first try to understand its client and his requirements, what brand or business he is representing, etc. before giving a go-ahead to the deal.
- Brainstorming the requirements: After listening to the requirements of the client, there is some brainstorming carried out to finalize the preferable size, color, shape, etc.
- Present the tentative designs: The tentative logo designs are presented to the client to get their feedback to go ahead in designing the final logo.
- Design process: After collecting all the relevant feedback and suggestions from the client, finally the logo design Companies process starts and is delivered to the client.
Several kinds of logos are designed for the businesses, some of which are mentioned below:
- Text-based: These types of logos are also called the Wordmark logos that are purely based on the text. The text might contain the full name of the company or the initials. Sometimes, custom fonts are also opted to give an attractive look to the logo.
- Symbols and icons: These logos do not involve texts in it. These are made using pure graphics and helps to depict the services provided by the business or a brand.
- Combination of both: These types of logos are designed with the integration of text and graphics both. These are the logos that are most preferred by companies.
An attractive logo makes the initial impression of the brands on the customers. Hence, make sure that you do not change your logo frequently as it may affect customer engagement with your brand.
Also, it is advisable to use logos of the same size in every promotional campaign, and avoid increasing or decreasing its size if not necessary.
You can use your brand logo in signboards, banners, business visiting cards, coffee mugs, t-shirts, advertising, presentations, etc.
The fashion industry is one of those industries that are mostly dependent on their logos for recognition. Brands like Lee Cooper, Nike, Reebok, etc. are known by their logos instead of their names.
So let us discuss the importance of Logo designing in the fashion industry and how it is helpful for the companies in engaging the customers in the next section.
Also Read: Importance Of Having Unique Logo Of Brand
Importance of Logo Design for Fashion brands:
In the fashion industry, a large number of accessories and apparel are launched periodically and also dropped off from the market. But one thing that remains constant is the brand that introduces this stuff in the market. Hence, we can say that a number of accessories may change, but what remains constant is the brand, and this brand is recognized only by its logo. For instance, the reflecting ‘C’ in Chanel appears in all the handbags, perfumes, and other accessories, and when a customer keeps an eye on that ‘C’, he is assured that the accessory is from the Chanel brand.
In this section, we will be discussing the importance of logos in fashion companies and how customer royalty, as well as loyalty, are satisfied using the same.
Some of the advantages and the importance of designing a logo for the fashion industry are as follows:
- A dynamic logo can attract the attention of the customer easily. Consider a mall having a number of shops for different brands. Which shop will the customer visit first? The answer is the shop having an attractive signboard. Generally, the fashion companies tend to place their logos as the signboards on their outlets. Hence, the most attractive and dynamic logo grabs the customer easily.
- Once the customer is attracted by the logo, already a positive impression will be created in his mind for the fashion brand, as compared to the other brand’s stores in the mall. This impression can be more effective if the right color combinations, shapes, and fonts are used in the logo. Hence, in all, the logo can leave the best impression on the customers.
- As mentioned above, a positive impression of a logo on the customers is also dependent on the color combinations, shapes, etc. used in it. Hence, this also helps in conveying the message for the customer from the brands. For example, the text-based logo of Amazon contains an arrow pointing from the letter ‘a’ to the letter ‘z’, which means that you can get A to Z items for your needs in this store.
- Effective logos that created an impression on the customers are always memorable. For example, looking at the logo itself, one can say the fashion accessories are of Gucci brand. Hence, people tend to memorize the logos they are impressed with, and thus, it is highly recommended that one should sustain the logo for years, and do not change it frequently.
- You can be highlighted amongst the number of competitions in the market.
- Once the product becomes popular among the audiences, the logo of your company becomes a brand then. Increasing the royalty and loyalty of the brand develops trust among the customers.
- No customer wants to remember the full name of the product he is purchasing. The only thing the customer is concerned with is the brand logo. Sometimes it may happen that the customer might recognize the accessory only through its logo and not the name. For instance, the person might be using the apparels with the ‘MK’ logo, but won’t know that its full name is Michael Kors.
Logo Design Tips for Fashion Brands:
In this section, we would be discussing some fruitful tips to design a logo for fashion brands, taking a couple of already existing and famous logos into consideration.
Firstly, let us take an example of the logo of the Gucci brand. The logo of this brand depicts boldness and luxury. Let us see what it takes to build a logo like the Gucci brand.
In its brand logo, the most innovative and unusual thing is the spacing between the characters. It is said as unusual because no designer opts for the large spacing between its characters or shapes. Hence, for your logo, plan something innovative that can be recognized uniquely from a bunch of logos.
2. Give some inspiration:
Your logo should not be designed merely based on text or icons. Customers should be able to read the meaning or the story you want to convey with your logo. In Gucci, it depicts the royalty of the customers purchasing it.
3. Strengthen the shapes and curves:
The fashion logo should be a perfect blend of the shapes and curves placed efficiently. This depicts the strength of the logo. If the shapes are overlapping, do not make it look jumbled.
So these were some tips to take from the Gucci brand logo. Now let us see what the Prada brand logo depicts and how it would be useful for the logo designing to us.
4. A step ahead of the present:
The sharp lines and the bold fonts on the logo of Prada depict it being a step ahead of the current picture. The meaning is that do not design your logo such that it looks like some outdated design. Make it a bit advanced.
5. Pay attention to the message to be conveyed:
Prada is all about giving its customers a professional look, and this can be seen on its logo. Hence, design your logo in such a manner that it conveys what you want to tell your customers.
6. Pay attention to how it is displayed:
The Prada logo when displayed is just text and has all background as white. It does not need any other element to highlight it. Hence, do not make your logo that has too much content or designs, as having a simple logo with minimal or no background can also do wonders.
7. Know where to use:
The logo for Prada is not displayed everywhere, whether it is a promotional campaign or apparel and yet it is still successful. Hence, do not just put your logo anywhere to promote your brand. This also creates a false impression of the desperateness of the brand among the customers.
So, these were some of the tips a logo designer can take from the exclusive fashion brands like Gucci and Prada, and implement in their logos to make them dynamic.
Also Read: Logo Redesign Importance And Necessity
In the above discussion, we came across the concepts of logo and logo designing, its usefulness for brands, and the useful tips to design a logo, keeping in mind two famous fashion brands. I hope this blog is helpful to you!
And to design an Attractive and Unique Logo Design at an affordable price for your business visit at the best logo design company.
Thank You For Reading !!!